Welcome to Dhiiti!

27.3.08

Life up until now...

Holi went past by ...... I have been working non stop. Atleast in my mind. Work has been very hectic..sometimes because I take it head on and sometimes because I have to just wait for things to happen. The only constant in the past few months - brushing some nagging personal issues under a verrry heavy carpet! I remember when I started working in Hyderabad market, I knew I would need to travel fairly long distances and I would need a vehicle. Even after having calculated my last EMI for several models, I have not bought a vehicle. Simply because I am now quite comfortable ''pillion riding''... risk-ily so without a helmet!!! A typical day would be to meet an executive somewhere mid-way, hop on to the bike and roll away into some lanes and by lanes which are best accessed on a bike. Waise I have ridden on all kinds... an achiever, a pulsar, a passion, a splendor and I have to say the pulsar beats them all...so any friends reading this and looking to buy a two wheeler, take the pillion rider's word for it :-)
Living with three senior citizens these days. Chittappa(uncle in tamil, not mine but my land lady's) is the best. We laugh on silly jokes, we make fun of Ramdev while the other two adore his histrionics, he watches English movies like a teenager and he also loves to talk about business! So, today I found Chitappa perched on the peg-stool before the telephone in dim light with his phone diary next to him. And even after 15-20 mins he was still there looking confused, despondent and frowned... Hoping all was well I enquired. Got to know this was the reaction to a call he had just missed thanks to Patti who answered it -not associating with the call----- that just came from Star Plus for Chittappa...!!!!This was a potential selection to SRK's new game show which has a booty of 5 crores! DAMN... he was soooo upset and kept on dialing back the number but in vane.. aaawwww...but yeah we did diffuse the virtual loss with some jokes around it.. but I cannot forget the bent posture, trembling fingers to dial the number, expectant eyes behind thick lenses ...all hoping for this excitement in life....a life which then retired to its routine 5 mins of meditation in the evening and then a whacky macho movie on TV. This Chittappa rocks!!!

1 comment:

Vivek Manjeri said...

Your Chittappa seems to a friendly tam bram . Must say you get along well with Southies :-)