Welcome to Dhiiti!

7.3.08

Perhaps not long enough....

  • Like a decade since I smiled..
  • Smiled without a pause..;
  • Joy sleeps before my eyes...
  • Lows keep awake, yes without a cause

  • Life brings its gifts, dark with emptiness
  • The bash meant nothing, in the end I just clean the mess
  • Jokes and jibes galore with humour pretty rough
  • Lows remain high, yes without a trough

  • I do what I can to iron things out
  • Perhaps fate I fight, fate which has more clout
  • I ask forgiveness, in life I ask another chance
  • A chance I deserve, happiness give a glance?

  • I withdrew from one battle, the other I wish to win
  • Never shied from a fight and hope makes me tough
  • But it's been a long time waiting
  • Perhaps not long enough...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That ... is an amazing piece - potraying the depth of emotions in a wonderful manner - only because u've managed to write it so well!

Really well written...

Vibhor

Anonymous said...

Words draw the map with the river of emotions. A well written poem with deceptive simplicity. Will the next one be on happiness?

-Karthik

Vivek Manjeri said...

Your poetry and grasp of langauge is commendable. I hope you keep writing and as others have written do write some happy stuff as well. Good job onnce again!

pyknosis said...

Wow.Wow.Wow. Touches somewhere deep. And its timeless. We all pass that mood every now and then...now i know where to come back to and at least feel nice about how brilliantly it can be expressed.

Anonymous said...

Wow.Wow.Wow. Touches somewhere deep. And its timeless. We all pass that mood every now and then...now i know where to come back to and at least feel nice about how brilliantly it can be expressed.