Welcome to Dhiiti!

17.4.08

Chittappa has gone..

He came as a guest of my land lady a month and a half back. Down the line, he was someone I wanted to spend more time with. A 70 year old man, cheerful at the first instance I saw him. For him and his wife any outing from home in Chennai was desirable. So was this. Chittappa would wake up very early in the morning, meditate and then practice his Yoga without fail. He infact taught me some of the Pranayams so well that I can never forget them. My day would begin with wishing him good morning as he would always perch himself on the left side of the dining table and I would on the right. We would talk about the news, or even the most insignificant things, but they would be the most interesting pieces of conversation just coz they we shared them. He had not given up any of his interests which showed that he never got bogged down by the flying years and grey hair. He would watch cartoons and animations like a baby. Stick himself 6 inches away from the TV and follow each and every trick the motion picture had. A terrific sense of humour...his quirks on life, his wife, people in general were as contemporary as I could imagine, and more profound than I could comprehend! He had his gentle way of putting his point across. He had the will to cut himself off from what he did not want to be a part off, and contribute fully & with much panache to topics which appealed to him. Extremely creative and a curator by nature, his creations with play doh, paper cuttings, a vase made of ribbon for a fake rose lie on the table outside which remind me of him all the time. He blogs, he is a netizen and he uses creative software to do some freelance work & to fulfil his creative urges.
I am glad I should have the opportunity to meet him soon ... for he surely will remain one of those people I fondly remember for his affection & simplicity and admire for how beuatifully balances centuries simultaneously in his disposition!
Miss you chittappa :)

3 comments:

Vivek Manjeri said...

I wish you get to meet more of such nice souls (mama's and mami's) .

Jerry Man

Mama said...

well shez already met a Mama!

Rashi Bahadur said...

ha ha..mama :-)